Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's a new blog. It's a new day.

There's something incredibly refreshing about a new start. Everything seems brighter. Life feels easier to handle. I'm hoping that is what this new blog will bring to my online life.
For anyone reading this who didn't follow me over from my previous blog, Through The Maze, feel free to pop on over there and learn more about the last 3 years of my life. For anyone coming over from the Maze, thanks for bloggy companionship.

2011 has been very challenging for my family. While still adjusting to life as a family of 5, my husband had a heart attack, and was subsequently diagnosed with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy. He is doing quite well now that his cardiologist has found a good combination of medications for him. Our kids are growing fast, and as always, new joys and hassles come with each stage of their lives. And as for me, well, I've lost a lot of friends this year, and find myself perhaps even more lost than I was before. In starting this new blog, I think maybe an introduction to my family and myself may be in order. Tell me what you think!

My husband and I have been together since '99 and married in '02. We've been together since we were 18. From time to time, I just sit back in amazement that we've made it this far.
Our city hall wedding 9/6/02
The little blondie in the corner is our oldest child, MonkeyMan. Pictured here, he was 17 months old. Today, he is 10 years old, and growing up to be quite a fine young man, if I do say so myself.
MonkeyMan at UCHC 11/6/10
Just a few short weeks after our wedding, we found out Tank was on the way. He is now 8 years old, and although quite a handful, we love him to bits.
 
Tank, 5/08
We went through some hard times as a family in the years since our sons' births. Husbeast and I nearly divorced. The boys were in foster care for a time. We lost jobs, and lost homes. Through it all (maybe even because of it), we became Christians, saved by the blood of Christ. First me, then Husbeast a few years later.
In '07, I started trying to understand what God would want of our family. By the end of that year, we went off of birth control. I felt strongly that the Lord had placed it on my heart to leave our family planning up to Him. Over the course of 3 years, all my hopes and expectations changed. I assumed we would conceive right away, and the babies would keep coming. I was so wrong.
Just when I had given up completely on the hope of a larger family, God surprised us.
Shock of a lifetime! 3/1/10
 During my pregnancy, Husbeast was on unemployment, which ended in my 2nd trimester. We went about 7 months after that with no income at all. WHen the Princess was born, stress abounded.
The Princess, 45 minutes old, 11/4/10
Earlier this year, Husbeast finally found a job! It might not be much in most people's eyes, but I'm proud of him. He works hard to makes sure our bills are paid. We're still trying to get back on our feet after the past year's financial woes. Each day looks a little brighter.
I'm still struggling to find my place in this world. Being a middle of the road kinda person at heart, it often feels as though I'm too much of this to fit in with that, and too much of that to fit in with this. Make sense? There's who I am, who I want to be, and who other's think I am. Maybe one day, it'll all blend together. Until then, thanks for reading! I hope and pray that my internet scribblings not only help me to understand myself, but help others to find their way as well.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Hi there! It's J's older sister, I'm Gracey online...I followed the link from FB and read through your old blog...what a story and I sincerely apologize that we were not part of your lives during those trying times. I hope that things will improve...I would really like to get to know my nephews and niece...I spend a lot of time w/the other bro's kids...I also have a blog at
www.graceysgoodies.blogspot.com